cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unico GUI cannot communicate with MKI109V3 Board in Ubuntu 18.04

ZSong
Associate III

Hi, I am using MKI109V3 as motherboard and MKI239A as IMU adapter. My Unico version is 9.16. Following UM2116, I tried everything in Windows 10, including firmware upgrade to 3.58.2 (latest), and all data display works fine in Unico.

After that, I wanted to check if Unico also works in Linux as suggested in UM1049. I installed it in Ubuntu 18.04 and used "sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0" to open the serial port. I double checked and am sure that ttyACM0 is the relevant one for USB connection of motherboard.

However, after opening the port in terminal and choosing MKI239A in Unico GUI, another error message shows that "COMMUNICATION ERROR! Please reconnect the board and click 'OK'". I am confused and was wondering what I should do for troubleshooting... Maybe I missed some settings?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ZSong ,

The new fw version has been released. Please download it and let me know if everything is ok.

Thanks for your patience!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ZSong
Associate III

Hi, may I kindly ask if there could be any hints provided? Thanks a lot!

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZSong ,

Thank you for notice us that, we are working to fix this issue and release a new version soon. I will update you as soon as we release it.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @ZSong ,

The new fw version has been released. Please download it and let me know if everything is ok.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi, it works!!! Finally Unico works both on Windows and Ubuntu 18.04 smoothly!

Thank you so much for updating it by Christmas!!!