cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicleo-GUI -FFT size issue

SS_135
Associate II

Hi Team,

Customer is using X-Nucleo-IKS02A1 board to test the vibration sensor using vibration monitoring example code. The FFT data of vibration sensor is observed using Unicleo-GUI.

Vibration Monitoring example code works fine with FFT size of 512. But does not work with FFT size of more than 512.

It is observed that the FFT data is not represented in Unicleo-GUI when FFT size is changed from FFT_SIZE_512 FFT_SIZE_1024 in MotionSP_Config.h file.

Please suggest the configuration settings to increase FFT size.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Ozone
Lead

> Vibration Monitoring example code works fine with FFT size of 512. But does not work with FFT size of more than 512.

So, I suggest to inspect the example code, and adapt it for a different FFT size.

The free-to-use and free-of-charge examples are usually not tuned to fit every possible customers need.

I did that for SPL-based FFT example some while ago, and it took me less than one afternoon.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi,

you can please refer to this topic for this question.

-Eleon

Hi Ozone,

Can you please share us the SPL-based FFT example which shall be used as reference to us.

Regards,

Rajesh K.

@Rajesh​ , please note in general that the audio FFT is a little different from the motion MEMS FFT (vibration sensors on the X-Nucleo-IKS02A1), since audio PCM is not limited by a FIFO (microphone has no embedded FIFO).

-Eleon