cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicleo-GUI does not connect

MRaff.1
Associate III

Hello, 

I am trying to test the compass of the IKS4A1 board with a Nucleo F446 board. 

I followed line by line the instructions provided in the "Getting started with the STMicroelectronics X-CUBE-MEMS1 software package for STM32CubeMX". My cube project locks like this:

MRaff1_0-1706287076093.png

Even if I followed all the steps, it was not perfectly clear how to test the board. Moreover I have to further enable the DMA on Uart2 in order to avoid hard_fault. Then, after havin a running firmware I started Unicleo-GUI but there is any communication with the board. The Getting started say to set the Uart to 115200 but Sniffing the packets it looks like unicleo send packets to 38400. In any case also setting the Uart to 38400 there is no communication.

The getting started guide says [4.55]: "After application starts, the user can view the data using a Unicleo-GUI application also developed by STMicroelectronics." 

But  it does not seem to be as described.

Is unicleo Gui the correct software for testing the IKSA1? Is there some tool which allows to test quickly the boards sensors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MRaff.1 ,

The serial speed to interface with Unicleo-GUI must be 921600.

In addition, be careful to enable the CRC to avoid that the library goes in hard fault.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MRaff.1 ,

The serial speed to interface with Unicleo-GUI must be 921600.

In addition, be careful to enable the CRC to avoid that the library goes in hard fault.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MRaff.1
Associate III

Thank you Federica,

fantastic, setting the speed at 961600 now I can connect. Is there some document about Unicleo-GUI where this setting (and other features) has been specified?

I would point out that in the IKS4A1 Getting Started guide it is said to set the UART speed at 115200 (page 53 and page 60) and the CubeMX when builds for the IKS4A1 sets the speed at 115200:

MRaff1_0-1706601649846.png

I enabled the CRC but if you don't set the DMA as below, you will get an hard fault:

MRaff1_1-1706601895276.png

Now, I would like to test the e-compass application using the IKS4A1 LIS2MDL 3D magnetometer and LSM6DSO accelerometer but it seems the demo requires a further expansion board. The magnetometer, accelerometer etc should be integrated on the IKS4A1:

MRaff1_2-1706602388924.png

I will try to change the configuration maybe I will open another post.

Thank you again for your support.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MRaff.1 ,

As official document you can refer to the UM2225

Hope this helps 🙂