cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicleo GUI can't "see" STM32F401 board. The board is connected to a Windows 10 PC and is listed as a removable drive D: in File Explorer. Tried reinstalling board driver, firmware and Unicleo GUI without result.

MDaws
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

hi mark, could you please share the screen of the error? It seems it cannot see the USB port of the X-Nucleo... Did you downloaded and installed all the drivers (STSW-LINK009, etc)? Regards

Hi Eleon
Thanks for the reply and assistance.
Screenshot details of location of installed driver and firmware are attached, together with MS Explored listing of the board and the Unicleo initial screen. It may be that the links that I am using from the os.mbed.com site point to the incorrect file versions?
Best regards
Mark
PS: Contents of the attached .pdf file are also shown below for ease of access.
I have downloaded and installed the Nucleo ST-LINK/V2 driver and firmware upgrade software using the links provided on the os.mbed.com website [cid:image001.png@01D4EE09.19D8EC30]
i.e.
[cid:image003.jpg@01D4EE09.19D8EC30]
The downloaded zip files are shown in the following MS Explorer listing along with the folders containing the unzipped files:
[cid:image004.png@01D4EE09.19D8EC30]
After connecting the Nucleo-F401RE board to my laptop running Windows 10, it is listed as NODE_F401RE (D:) in Windows Explorer, as shown on the screenshot below:
[cid:image005.jpg@01D4EE09.19D8EC30]
The MBED.HTM file contains the following url:
https://os.mbed.com/platforms/ST-Nucleo-F401RE/
However, the Unicleo-GUI does not detect the board, as shown in the screen shot below:
[cid:image006.jpg@01D4EE09.19D8EC30]
Additional screen shot from FW Management tag on Unicleo system. Note that the correct board is identified as “NODE_F401RE (D:)�?
[cid:image002.png@01D4EE27.BE16D690]
Rstua.1
Senior

@MDaws​ have you resolved this issue?

You did not say what code you are running (or I did not see it) on the target. I assume you are running X-Cube-Mems1.

On the Unicleo-GUI web page (https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/unicleo-gui.html) it says:

"...GUI for X-CUBE-MEMS1..."

I am not sure how "picky" the Unicleo-GUI is. (I am having problems with it connecting to some targets and not others. Look here in this st.com thread: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000C8elW6SQI/stmicros-unicleogui-pc-application-breaks-when-connecting-through-stmicros-stlink-incircuit-debugger-and-programmer-pod-why) But I am fairly sure if it does not "see" the correct responses from the X-Cube_Mems1 code, it will not connect.

LaurV
Associate II

Same issue here, in Win10, Unicleo doesn't like to talk to some boards (ex: L476RG, G071RB) but will work nice with others (G0B1RE). Tried everything, including erasing and reinstalling everything Keil-related, ST-related, etc, in this computer, with or without VCP, with or without drivers, with drivers from ST-Link, etc. Now, in the same computer, same OS, we have VirtualBox, and spawned a Win7 OS running like guest system (under Win10 host) - we installed Unicleo and ST-Link drivers in Win7 (including VCP, which is needed for win7, but not for 10, according with ST) and everything works magically, albeit in the host system, they still don't... Mystery.... We gave up Unicleo and are going to write our own toy to rotate that teapot... :p