cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Gyroscope and Accelerometer Data Retrieval on NUCLEO GNSS2A1

tom_andrice
Visitor

Hello,

I am currently working with the NUCLEO GNSS2A1 extension on the NUCLEO-L010RB demonstration board, and I am trying to retrieve data from the gyroscope and accelerometer.

According to the TESEO VIC3DA module documentation, there are two modes of dead reckoning:

• DRAW Mode: Designed for automotive applications, it requires a speed signal.
  • DRUM Mode: Suitable for industrial applications, which corresponds to my use case.

Based on my research, the gyroscope and accelerometer data should be transmitted via the following messages: $PSTMDRSENMSG,30 and $PSTMDRSENMSG,31. However, I never receive these messages. When I send them, I only receive back the same thing that I sent.

My current configuration:

I have enabled the messages dedicated to dead reckoning with the following commands:

$PSTMCFGMSGL,0,1,0,FFFFFFFF
$PSTMCFGMSGL,1,1,0,FFFFFFFF
$PSTMCFGMSGL,2,1,0,FFFFFFFF

I have disabled DRAW mode:

$PSTMSETPAR,1667,FFFFFFFF,2

Here is the IMU configuration I get when my module starts:

$PSTMDRSENCONFIG,IMU GYRO,LSM6DSR,125,4375,104,34.0,1*0F
$PSTMDRSENCONFIG,IMU ACC,LSM6DSR,2,61,104,52.0*56

I would like to point out that the firmware currently flashed on my Teseo VIC3DA is version 4.6.19, available here: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/teseo-vic3dsw.html

I simply want to retrieve the axes of my gyroscope and accelerometer, but I am unable to receive the PSTMDRSENMSG messages. Could you help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

0 REPLIES 0