Did you mean: 

The WHO_AM_I register value does not match the device selected

TZapp.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am using a STEVAL-MKI109V3 mother board to evaluate 2 accelerometers :

• LSM6DSOX (STEVAL-MKI197V1)
  • LIS2DUXS12

I want to use the GUI software UNICO v9.14.6.0 but when I want to connect my device, an error popup appear : "ERROR : The adapter board has not been recognized. The WHO_AM_I register value does not match the device selected".

I have updated the motherboard firmware with the v3.48.3 but I still have the problem with my 2 MEMS boards ...

Can someone help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @thomas Zapparrata​ ,

You have to change the jumpers' position as I indicated you in the picture below:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDJEHQA4.pngIf this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @Thomas Zapparrata​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Can you send me some screenshots of each step you perform?

Thanks

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TZapp.1
Associate II

Hi @Federica Bossi​ ,

Thank's for helping me.

Here is the steps I followed :

• Connect my MEMS board (STEVAL-MKI197V1) on the STEVAL-MKI109V3

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDHs8QAG.png

• Plug it in my computer
  • Launch UNICO v9.14.6.0 software and select "STEVAL-MKI197V1" in the Device Name table

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDI10QAG.png

• Click on Select Device and here is the error popup

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDI2bQAG.png

• Click on OK and here is the main window but I still can't connect ..

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDI6EQAW.png

• Tried to click on connect but same error popup appear
  • Tried to go back and select a second time the device name put same error pop-up
  • I tried with another MEMS board which is a bit different but it is the same scenario

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDI3oQAG.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDI3tQAG.png

• I tried with another USB cable but still don't work

I hope my explanations are clear.

Thank's in advance for your help.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @thomas Zapparrata​ ,

You have to change the jumpers' position as I indicated you in the picture below:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDJEHQA4.pngIf this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

TZapp.1
Associate II

It is working now, thank's for your help 🙂

I have exactly the same problem but with the LSM6DSV16X (STEVAL-MKI227KA). I can´t see the image of the solution posted. 

Can I get some help?

It is working now, thank's anyway

@Federica BossiCan anyone see the picture? I can't. I have been having this problem over and over again. I am using a STEVAL-MKI109V3 and a IIS3DWB sensor. I have been having the same problem since I bought the sensor. Usually, the problem solves itself by just removing and putting back again the socket onto the development board. However, I have had situations where no matter how many times I plug and unplug the problem won't go away. While the problem is happening, if I plug another sensor (IIS2DH) it works just fine. I have already updated the firmware twice. Can you please tell me a solution for this problem? I have add situations where I wasn't able at all to use the sensor and a day after it works fine. It is really not reliable at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Hello @Eduardo1 ;

I am encountering the same problem with regards to the same board. I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly share the solution you have found to resolve this issue.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @FKara.3 , @B3r ,

Please can you share a picture of your STEVAL-MKI109V3? So that I can check if your jumpers are ok.

Thanks.