cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate with ICM-42688 P via SPI using STM32L412RB

Dev_k
Associate II

I have a custom setup which contains a microcontroller STM32L412RB and a ICM-42688 P.I tried to communicate with the ICM-42688 P via SPI (4-wire, tried both 1MHz and 100kHz) using the command 0x75 to READ the WHO_AM_I register (thanks for implementing that!). Yet, I get back a 0x0 and not a 0x47. I then observed the signals in oscilloscope, transmission is happening properly but I'm not receiving any data from the IMU sensor.

I also need to get the data from Accelerometer and Gyroscope registers.

Can anyone help me through this..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Dev_k ,

Welcome to ST Community!

ICM-42688 P is not an ST product, so I can't give you support.

However, I recommend you take a look at our LSM6DSV3-axis digital accelerometer and a 3-axis digital gyroscope (as you are looking for), that offers the best performances.

For our products, we provide drivers to be included in your project, and also some applicative examples

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Dev_k ,

Welcome to ST Community!

ICM-42688 P is not an ST product, so I can't give you support.

However, I recommend you take a look at our LSM6DSV3-axis digital accelerometer and a 3-axis digital gyroscope (as you are looking for), that offers the best performances.

For our products, we provide drivers to be included in your project, and also some applicative examples

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I received the LSM6DSV and integrated your drivers with my project, I am trying to read the device ID using lsm6dsv_device_id_get() this function but I'm unable to get the proper device ID. This communication I'm doing using SPI. And also I have referred to the examples provided in the above solution, still I'm unable to resolve this issue.