cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical support related to frequency response calibration mems sensor

RBanb
Associate

Hello Everybody, 

i am presently working with MEMS Accelerometer for measuring acceleration. i am able to get the acceleration output.

will anyone plz let me know how can i calibrate my sensor with different frequency.

i must calibrate my sensor at 2HZ , 3HZ, 4HZ, 5HZ at 0.1g, 0.2g, 0.3g, 0.4g 

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Hi roshan, could you please share the name of the accelerometer sensor you are using (or the desired specs if you are starting now)? Also another question: what do you exactly mean with "calibrate the sensor"? Do you mean that your sensor should be able to detect that amplitude and that frequency in a selective way?

Btw, depending on the target of your application, there are different solution: in case you want to detect 5Hz frequency, you have to select an ODR >10Hz; to detect up to 0.4g, +-2g of FS is enough. Depending on the product you choose, you can apply filters on the output in frequency (filtering the DC gravity axl), or use digital features such as the Finite State Machine in LSM6DSOX family to set thresholds on the RMS value and generate interrupts when the dataout exceeds or not predefined thresholds (e.g @ 0.1g, 0.2g...)

Regards

RBanb
Associate

Thanks for the fast response,

my accelerometer is LIS3DH Sensor.

i have supplied the external frequency of 5HZ to the sensor and acceleration of 0.1g , if i supply input sample frequency for 15 times to the input then i must get 30 peaks according to theory.

how can i take an average to get 30 output samples of constant 0.1g . 

i have taken data from the sensor at 10ms

this must be done for 2HZ , 3HZ, 4HZ, 5HZ at different acceleration.

how can i take an average for different frequency to get constant output.

thanks

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

hi roshan, you cannot calibrate the sensor for giving the same output data at different frequencies (some kind of equalization, if I understand well)... I mean, if you stimulate the sensor with a 5Hz 0.1g sinusoidal wave, you will get 0.1g +- accuracy @ 5Hz in output (provided that you select an ODR > frequency*2). If you feed the sensor with something different than 0.1g, you will obtain something different. You can use a sensor to equalize an actuator (e.g. a vibrating shaker)

But I don't know if I catch your point...