cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-MKI231KA The WHO_AM_I register value does not match the device selected.

Shivam1282
Associate II

I'm currently using STEVAL-MKI231KA kit connected to STEVAL-MKIGIBV5 which is plugged into a standard DIL24 socket of STEVAL-MKI109V3. I'm trying to use the STHS34PF80 sensor but every time I get the following error: The WHO_AM_I register value does not match the device selected. I have also tried upgrading the firmware in MKI109V3 board but still no change in the error.

Details related to connection are as follows:

• Jumper J7, J13, J14 are shorted on STEVAL-MKI109V3.
  • Unico version = 9.16.0.0
  • Firmware Version =  V3.58.2

Shivam1282_0-1698815952480.png

5 REPLIES 5
Shivam1282
Associate II

Also I tried using the STHS34PF80 sensor separately with Nucleo-L432KC board and the address issue doesn't come there but every time I try reading the Object temperature register ,i.e., (0x26 & 0x27), it always give same value 164 irrespective of object. However ambient temperature reading is accurate, the object temperature readings never change.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Shivam1282 ,

I suggest you to disable the automatic setting of the COM port and to set it manually so that you can be sure to use the correct COM.

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Shivam1282
Associate II

Hi @Federica Bossi ,
I've already tried disabling the automatic setting of the COM port and also to ensure the correct COM port, only one device is attached to my system. However still the same issue arises. Are there any other hardware related changes required here?

Details related to connection are as follows:

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Shivam1282 ,

It sounds very strange. That error appears when there is a com problem.

Can you send me some photos of your setup?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ckredhair108
Associate

Hi @Federica Bossi 

I faced the same problem when with the same setup STEVAL-MKI231KA & STEVAL-MKI109V3

I think the problem comes from the board STEVAL-MKI109V3

If the automatic port detection is disable, the GUI shows like the picture.

It can work normally at the first time, not sure what cause this issue