cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-MKI109V3 does not interpret Z axe value

sch0bert
Associate III

Hello, I'm using the STEVAL-MKI109V3 board in combination with STEVAL-MKI175V1 and trying to read the X, Y and Z values through the serial port using the commands described in the STEVAL-MKI109V3 documentation and I'm unable to see the Z axe value after running the *debug command:

sch0bert_0-1695896750280.png

The initialization commands that I'm doing are:

1. *setdb175v1
  2. *zoff
  3. *w206F
  4. *debug

And then I start getting the data through the terminal as the picture below. When I stop it and I read directly the registers that has the X, Y and Z values, I get the next:

sch0bert_1-1695897086903.png

As you can appreciate register 2D, which stands for OUT_Z_H, has a value of 0x36h and not 0 as in *debug.

The firmware version that I'm using on the STEVAL-MKI109V3 is V3.53.3

If I use Unico-GUI with the same register configuration, the tool is able to graph and read from the register the value of Z without any issue. For that reason is my believe that there might be something wrong in the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Pascal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

It is a bug in the debug mode of the fw that will be fixed in the new release.

In the meantime you can you use the command *start to have the correct data.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sch0bert
Associate III

I just repeated the test with a STEVAL-MKI238A and it works well on that one:

sch0bert_0-1695910669545.png

The commands that I sent to that board were:

1. *setdb238a
  2. *zoff
  3. *w1204
  4. *w1490
  5. *debug

Regards,

Pascal.

Hello, is any from ST support working on this?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

It is a bug in the debug mode of the fw that will be fixed in the new release.

In the meantime you can you use the command *start to have the correct data.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.