cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-EVALMKI212V1 not recognized on ST-EVAL109V3 ?

tlamotte9
Associate II

Dear ST Community,

Ten days ago I already asked this support request but no one single response came from ST.

I just bought and received an ST-EVALMKI109V3 + ST-EVAL212V1 after attending the webinar "Develop effective AI solutions for monitoring vehicles using a single sensor".

0693W00000QKwO0QAL.pngI get this error that says it does not know the chip id when I select the MKI212V1 as shown in the screenshot above.

All my software tools seem to be on the latest revisions. Anyway I updated the board with the last firmware using this video : Same issue.

I also joined

• the picture of both boards.

0693W00000QKwPIQA1.jpg

• the error I get from Unico (above)
  • a zip file that contains a few snapshots attesting the configuration presented during the webinar and which is identical

Could anyone help me please on this? Buying more than 100€ for 2 non-functional boards is already frustrating. Receiving no help is even more frustrating. Do you believe it lives up to the image of ST-Microelectronics ?

Best regards

Thierry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

-solved issue-

With no change at all on my PC Software Tool Unico, it worked at first start with the boards you sent me.

My issue likely came from the one I bought that was not functional.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @tlamotte9​ ,

I shared your case to our experts, but this is holiday period and thy were OoO last week.

By the way, it looks we are not able to reproduce the issue you are facing, but we are further investigating the issue. I'll keep you updated.

-Eleon

tlamotte9
Associate II

Dear Eleon,

I do thank you for this first feedback .

I have spent (too much) time investigating to make it work:

• The only difference between my setup and the webinar one : the Firmware revision on the webinar is 3.38.0 while mine is 3.32.0.
  • Meanwhile the "dfu" bin file to update the STEVAL-MKI109V3 comes with the Unico install package (right?). In my both cases it is the same Unico revision, the 9.12.0.0 ...

Does that help?

ST help will be highly appreciated to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Thierry

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Thierry @tlamotte9​ ,

we ran a few further tests in the same conditions as you described, but we were not able to confirm the issue.

0693W00000QLlu7QAD.jpg0693W00000QLluMQAT.pngWe will try again using other STEVAL-MKI212V1 adapters in the next days, and we'll keep you updated about our findings.

-Eleon

tlamotte9
Associate II

Eleon,

Thanks for your answer.

So the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware should not be the cause?

If it helps, I run it on Windowsn10 20H2 build 19042.1826

Hope reading you soon

Best regards,

Thierry

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Thierry @tlamotte9​ ,

We checked again, but we were not able to replicate the issue with our setup (theoretically same as yours).

So, could you please run these other two tests:

1. try the same setup on another PC
  2. try the same UNICO+FW with another ASM330LHHX adapter, or, if you have any, with another sensor.

Thanks,

-Eleon

tlamotte9
Associate II

Dear Eleon,

We thank you for your answer.

(1) We did it using a freshly downloaded Linux install from ST website. The Linux distribution is Debian Buster on AMD64. We got similar error as show below:

0693W00000QMaEMQA1.pngHere is also a picture of the STEVAL-MKI109V3 board where we see some LEDs solid. This could help you?

0693W00000QMaFAQA1.jpg(2) We do not have any other adapter to do the test you suggested. We are far not ready to buy another STEVAL-MKI212V1 clearly by lack of confidence of ST evaluation board quality...

Maybe this could help you : When I double-click on "iNemo Inertial Modules | STEVAL-MKI212V1 (ASM2330LHHX)": I got this error that details a certain command "setdb212V1" that fails:

0693W00000QMa0eQAD.pngHope reading from you soon.

Best regards

Thierry

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Thierry @tlamotte9​ ,

Unfortunately we are running out of suggestions, other than to try with another steval adapter.

By the way, we can send you a working Profi + new adapter, tested in ST: you can send your shipment address via private message (top right of this page).

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

-solved issue-

With no change at all on my PC Software Tool Unico, it worked at first start with the boards you sent me.

My issue likely came from the one I bought that was not functional.