cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting sensor hub master i2c clock speed

el659
Associate III

Hi @Federica Bossi , I need help with setting LSM6DSO sensor hub i2c master clock speed.

How do I set the master i2c clock speed between LSM6DSO and external sensor for sensor hub operation? Is there registers or something else on LSM6DSO that controls master i2c clock speed between external sensors?

If there is anything I am mistaken about, please do correct me.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

In LSM6DSO you can't modify the I2C clock of the sensorhub

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

It's all described in section 7 of AN5192, please refer to it.

FedericaBossi_0-1705073026857.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi,

I have read through section 7 of AN5192 but I haven't found anything about master i2c clock speed between LSM6DSO and external sensor during sensor hub operation but SHUB_ODR[1:0] in MASTER_CONFIG, which is something you already replied in my previous post.

el659_0-1705076724521.png

i2c clock speed can be up to 400 khz but this number is never close 104 hz and seeing that it is SHUB_"ODR"_[1:0], this cannot be the i2c clock speed, right?

el659
Associate III

@jocktmpbd7 

Ive read through the datasheet and couldn't find it. That's why I am asking the forum for help.

Nothing but MASTER_CONFIG mentions master i2c configuration but even the bits in this register don't mention anything about "clock speed".
Ive also read through other registers to see if I missed anything but I haven't found anything about clock speed. I could be wrong cuz my eyes are tired after reading the datasheet for hours.

TDK
Guru

The datasheet does seem lacking here. Did you try it? I would bet it is fixed to either 100 kHz or 400 kHz internally without the option to change it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
el659
Associate III

I haven't checked it yet cuz I thought I would be able to change the clock speed through software, but now that you mention it, I think that could be very likely since AN5192 mentions external pull ups are optional for SDx and SCx pins. I will give it shot with oscilloscope and come back to it. In the meantime, I really hope someone has an answer for it.

Thank you for your advice @TDK 

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

In LSM6DSO you can't modify the I2C clock of the sensorhub

Hi @Federica Bossi 

Thank you for the valuable of information.

Could you also tell me the fixed sensorhub's i2c clock speed, since it is also not on the datasheet?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

It is about 100kHz.