cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get calibration level for IMU sensor and magnetometer

Yansu
Associate II

After soldering process, IMU sensor and magnetometer need to do calibration after power on, such as flip axis, 8 shaped pattern, or real-time calibration.

For ST sensor such as LSM6DSV and LIS2MDL, I want to know how to confirm whether sensor has been calibrated?Is there any levels to judge the status?  

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Yansu ,

I confirm you that the sensors are already calibrated by factory.

However, for some applications, for example after soldering, it could be suggested to subtract residual offset (for accelerometer) and ZRL (for gyro). To do so, acquire some samples for each axis and calculate the average. Then substract this value to the acquisitions.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I mean calibration after soldering. Is there API or register to get this calibration status?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Yansu ,

You could look at our MotionFX library, here the user manual. You can find also some examples on github.

Let me know if this helps.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.