cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile cannot be detected on ST BLE Sensor App even flashed using BLE Sensor.bin .

YYu.2
Associate III

I am new to STM32. My problem is that the BLE Sensor App not showing my SensorTile , I have tried to erase the STM32 and load it with the BLE Sensor.bin. PWR button seems not working, tried fit in power, result is same. Appreciate for any type of advices or suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

that is because the function pack STBOX1 is developed to run on SensorTile.box, not on STWIN.

The SensorTIle.box is the only board that is able to be programmed via ST BLE Sensor App, like (I hope I got it right) you would like to do.

If you want to continue working with the STWIN, you should download the function pack STWINKT01 at this link: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-stwinkt01.html

Inside this function pack you can find the projects compiled using different IDEs, and you can modify them to show and log only the data you need.

Do you think this is a good solution?

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

please check this post on Sensortile.box reboot, if it can be of any help.

It describes a procedure for the device recovery in case of some kind of firmware issue.

You can use the BLE Sensor.bin instead of the attached file.

Please note that you may have trouble if you are using a Huawei smartphone.

-Eleon

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

what are you using to program the SensorTile?

are you using STM32CubeProgrammer? ( https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html)

Hi Niccolo, yes I am using STM32CubeProgrammer.

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

thanks for confirming that.

you may have written the wrong part of memory, could you read your device memory from 0x8000000 to 0x8008000 and post the hex file, so I can have a look at it?

Hi Eleon, have tried the USR button method but doesn't work also, not sure is it because I am using Xiaomi. My model also only come with USR,PWR, and Reset button, no Boot button. Thanks.

YYu.2
Associate III

I write from 0x8000000. Sure, I have attached the hex file, thanks much.

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

the problem could be this: the bin file should start from 0x8004000, the memory part between 0x8000000 and 0x8004000 is reserved to the bootloader.

try to program the board with the bin I attach (starting from 0x8000000) and let me know if this works.

YYu.2
Associate III

Hi @niccolo.ruffini​ , have tried to program the board with the bin you attach (starting from 0x8000000). Unfortunately, still couldn't detect it from BLE Sensor. And I tried from 0x8004000 using the BLE bin file. Is the bootloader must be loaded or if I not using FOTA I can skip it ?

YYu.2
Associate III

@niccolo.ruffini​  I have tried load BootLoader from 0x8000000, and BLESensor bin from 0x8005000, but it doesnt work also