cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug in Unico GUI v9.13.0.0

RDyla.1
Associate

Dear ST Community,

Have no experience with STM32 MCUs nor with any programming IDEs used to develop for STM chips. As i am developing on espressif MCUs...

However recently i am trying to integrate a MEMS sensor of STM into my project.

I found out Unico GUI is meant to be a software which would allow developers to design Machine Learning Core and/or Finite State Machine solutions and also export those as C .h files to be used within user code.

Unico also has the "offline" feature which would allow to use Unico's capabilities even if one does not have access to any of ST motherboards and sensor evaluation boards. The input for Unico is raw sensor data logged into a file in that case.

While i can start an offline MLC workflow in Unico and have expected output, i simply can not do anything in offline mode when choosing an FSM workflow. By that i mean:

If i try to load any .ucf files, then Unico tells data has been loaded, but all the fields in the form remain empty, nothing gets populated with data contained inside the .ucf file.

(To rapidly reproduce my findings, use this .ucf file, which is a unico configuration file for an FSM workflow, thus should be fine)

I am stuck here as i have no prior experience with ST hardware/software.

Can anyone please tell me if only MLC workflow is expected to work in offline mode or even FSM workflows should be possible in offline mode?

I am using Unico v9.13.0.0 on a Win10x64 machine.

Regards,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Macneacail
Associate III

I think you are expecting to much from UNICO GUI, the first problem is that it does not return the time so you cannot know the real frequency unless you calibrate the device, the LITE version of the GUI is pretty basic and there is about 3 solid months of coding to take the simple and make a MEMS output that is meaningful. It is challenging to say the least. With out time, you are not in the hunt to get answers. The UNICO GUI looks good, but it is short on features.

Macneacail
Associate III

The only thing it is good for is to use a serial monitor and do what you want to do capture the stream and then use C# -- much better than C here to do what you want to do.

Macneacail
Associate III

Of course for lift and delift you may not need time, but I would still do it in C#.