cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have successfully built AlgoBuilder-based Firmware for my Target: NUCLEO-L476RG + X-NUCLEO-IKS02A1 + ISM330IS In Unicleo GUI, the data is streamed correctly for a few minutes but then stops abruptly. Why?

JLamb.3
Associate II

I put a logic analyzer on the I2C and INT1 line, and note that the INT1 continues to trigger but the I2C lines do not show data transfer anymore. Are there known issues? Is it a problem with the sensor or the host code? It may be dependent on the ODR (with faster ODR increasing likelihood). I am trying to evaluate how stable the heading orientation is over long time periods when using the 6-axis fusion (quaternion output).

1 REPLY 1
JLamb.3
Associate II

From the logic analyzer, I can see that the first transaction after the failure is an I2C read of the WHO_AM_I register which is the same thing that happens when the device is first plugged in. After 0.5s, it reconfigures the ISPU (1.6s) but never starts streaming data again. It seems like something is resetting. Even when I tried AlgoBuilder examples without the ISPU, the streaming stops at some point and I need to unplug/replug the NUCLEO-L476RG to get the data streaming again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, is there a reason the ISPU_DOUT registers are read individually instead of through a burst read operation as the accelerometer output register are? Seem like a lot of unnecessary overhead.