cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEMS Accelerometer application

NGopa.1
Associate II

HI Guys, I am looking for the MEMS Accelero meter for measuring the vibration in textile machines. Whether ST has the application example for condition monitoring system in machine or industrial automation.

If so please share the details

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NGopa.1​ , ST has available an evaluation tool kit, the STEVAL-BFA001V1B (LINK). for the predictive maintenance application in industrial environments, with several firmware examples. Alternatively I would suggest you one of the last ST kits, the STEVAL-STWINKT1 (LINK), to be interfaced with dedicated such as the IIS3DWB vibrometer adapter that can be directly applied on the textile machine to detect the vibrations (at this LINK). Regards

NGopa.1
Associate II

HI Eleon thanks for the reply. I will try the links

NGopa.1
Associate II

Actually i need the output of the sensor in mm/Sec instead of g. Is there any module available?

Hi @NGopa.1​ , I don't think I've caught your request... mm/s is a velocity while g (mm/s^2) is an acceleration. To switch from acceleration to velocity you basically have to integrate the signal over the time (and it depends on the length of your acquisition). Regards

NGopa.1
Associate II

Yes exactly Eleon. My actual requirement is to acceleration into velocity. Is there any sensor available in ST that measures directly velocity mm/sec2. Or any calculation to convert the acceleration into Velocity (g to mm/Sec2)