cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO32 ultra low power mode not working

SDZELL18
Associate II

Hello,

I am using a LSM6DSO32 on a custom board.  As an attempt to save power in sleep mode we want to place the device in ULP (ultra low power mode) as specified by the datasheet.  I have attached my function that initializes the device in ULP mode and enables wake up interrupt.  I see the same power draw wether or not

ctrl5.xl_ulp_mode is set.  Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
-Jamie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SDZELL18 ,

6.1 uA is pretty low, and in spec (depending on the ODR you are using) as you can see from Table 4 of the datasheet

niccol_0-1691156808072.png

you can try to lower the ODR to reach even lower consumption, maybe?

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @SDZELL18 ,
first of all, what are the readings of current consumptions you get?
are you sure that it is the LSM6DSO32 who's consuming that power?

Niccolò

Edited to remove reference to content from ChatGPT

Hi Niccolo,

I run with our system with device off, then I run with device on.  I can verify when it is on the system draws  6.1uA more than when it is turned off. 
The way I was trying to verify ULP mode was working is to run the system with ULP off then on to see how much current saving I see.  Perhaps there is a better way to verify it is working?  Maybe 6.1uA is as low as it gets?

Hi @SDZELL18 ,

6.1 uA is pretty low, and in spec (depending on the ODR you are using) as you can see from Table 4 of the datasheet

niccol_0-1691156808072.png

you can try to lower the ODR to reach even lower consumption, maybe?

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

So it looks like I just misinterpreted the data sheet and this is the lowest current draw I will see.  Thank you to the community for the assistance!

-Jamie