cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DS33 -> Bulk read FIFO

MKama.2
Associate

Hello,

I am using the FIFO to read the gyroscope and accelerometer data from the LSM6DS33 using a Raspberry Pi. It is connected over I2C at a frequency of 400kHz. Currently it takes between 4-7 seconds of constant reading to empty out the FIFO and by then it's almost full again. Is there a way to do a bulk read of the FIFO rather than read each sensor reading separately?

Thanks,

Mahmoud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TSand.1
Associate III

Hi, if you configure the LSM6DS33 in FIFO mode (i.e. the filling of the FIFO stops when the limit is reached), and you choose the ODR, it will take 1/ODR * FIFO size (8 kbyte) to fill the FIFO. You have to configure the FIFO_CTRL5 (0Ah) register, in FIFO mode, and you can program a custom FIFO threshold in FIFO_CTRL1 (06h) and FIFO_CTRL2 (07h).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TSand.1
Associate III

Hi, if you configure the LSM6DS33 in FIFO mode (i.e. the filling of the FIFO stops when the limit is reached), and you choose the ODR, it will take 1/ODR * FIFO size (8 kbyte) to fill the FIFO. You have to configure the FIFO_CTRL5 (0Ah) register, in FIFO mode, and you can program a custom FIFO threshold in FIFO_CTRL1 (06h) and FIFO_CTRL2 (07h).