cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPSS22DF accuracy between -15°C and 60°C

ljm
Associate III

Hi

I'm currently using your LPS22DFmodule to measure pressure and I saw in the datasheet that the temperature accuracy is  ±1.5 °C (T = 0 to 80°C). My working range is between -15°C and 60°C. Could you please give me the accuracy of this sensor in the range -15 to 65°C?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ljm ,

We tested few parts and I confirm you that the accuracy was around 2°C but consider that we considered a limited number of pcs and thus this value can't be guaranteed in production.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

pressure - from ds:

AScha3_0-1710748297889.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ljm
Associate III

hello @AScha.3 

thanks for replying.

I'm speaking about the temperature accuracy.. in the datasheet it is  ±1.5 °C (T = 0 to 80°C), but my working range is betwwen -15°C   and +60°C... just if it's possible i want to know the accuracy is the same between -15°C and 0°C or h

greater than the accuracy betwwen 0°C and 80°C ?

Thank you in advance

taccuracy.png

>if it's possible i want to know the accuracy

Its not specified, so test it yourself, to know for sure.

Anyway at +/-1,5°  this is more guessing "temp. is about" , so if you want measure temperature, take a temperature sensor to do this (and not a pressure sensor).

I use the ENS210 , temp. + humidity :

AScha3_0-1710752403123.png

Or a pressure + temperature sensor, like BMP280 (or BME280 etc. ); this can with some interpolation give a temperature resolution of 1/1000 ° !  (I tried, is funny, you can see when your go to the table, the bmp280 is there, temperature rising about 0,003° - from body IR radiation ! )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ljm
Associate III

Hi @AScha.3 

Thanks for replyin.

in my application i want to mesure pressure and temperature , the ENS210  is a humidity /temperature sensor.

By the way the BMP280 is not avaible

Hi,

ENS210 - just example, for $2 temp (+hum.) sensor;

+

BME280 - i wrote also - more new + expensive....but: mouser has 12000...

BME280 Bosch Sensortec | Mouser Deutschland

(Its typical used in cars, sensing air conditions for perfect fuel injection control.)

+

For any cheap+good temp.sensor - there are many:

Temperatursensoren für Plattenmontage – Mouser Deutschland

+

If +/- 3° are ok for your app - take the LPSS22DF ; just test at lowest temp, to be sure.

(Anyway it should be better, because datasheet gives minimum value .)

ljm
Associate III

Hi @AScha.3 

thanks for replying,

actually i'm using LPS22DF , just i want to know it temperature accuracy for negative values because on datasheet the temperature accuracy is +-1.5 °C from 0°C to 80°C , but the range of my application is -15°C to 60°C , just i want to know what the temperature accuracy for negative values

Hi @ljm ,

You don't find this data because on the range -20 to 0 °C it is tested only in characterization and thus not guaranteed in production.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi 

thanks for replying

does this mean that lpss2df is not accurate between -20°C and 0°C? is it not advisable to use it in this range?

thanks

No, LPS22DF can be used in the range -40 to +85 °C and it is also accurate.

However, we do not provide a typical reference value because in that range the sensor was only tested on a limited number of pieces and therefore we could not guarantee the same value on a large number of samples as in production.