cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST MEMS studio - STEVAL STWINBX1 - Connection error

jvf_13
Associate

I'm having problems to be able to establish the connection between STEVAL STWINBX1 and ST MEMS Studio 

software, with either of the two available ways (BLE or Serial port). In the first case, mainly the board won't be shown to select. In case it does, after trying to connect it, an error message appears: "Can't open the board". In  the second case, the board always appears to be selected but once I try it, an error message is shown which says "Board not identified". I'm not able to connect it no matter what I try.

As said in the user manual relative to the software, this board can only work for the AlgoBuilder functionality, not for a full or partial sensor evaluation. It has to be said that the board works perfectly through BLE on the IOS App.

Am I missing something? Sound strange to me. Maybe is just non-compatible or maybe it's a firmware issue (which I think it's not the case). Any suggestion will be very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @jvf_13 

The firmware compatible with the mobile app is not compatible with the MEMS Studio.

At this moment, the only firmware for STEVAL-STWINBX1 compatible with MEMS Studio must be created in the AlgoBuilder section in MEMS Studio. This is intended for quick prototyping using no-code approach.

You can check Chapter 7 in UM3233.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @jvf_13 

The firmware compatible with the mobile app is not compatible with the MEMS Studio.

At this moment, the only firmware for STEVAL-STWINBX1 compatible with MEMS Studio must be created in the AlgoBuilder section in MEMS Studio. This is intended for quick prototyping using no-code approach.

You can check Chapter 7 in UM3233.

jvf_13
Associate

Understood. Thanks for the reply!