cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DML Interrupt setup. Latch/No Latch not working as expected

JVan .6
Associate

I have a project using the LIS3DML Magnetometer. I am looking for a behaviors where the Interrupt lines only stays high or low ( depending on settings) as long as the configured thresholds are true.

From what Iv tested. Looking at Z only when interrupt are enabled and Latching is set to non latching the interrupt does nothing. its either high or low and moving the magnet away or closer has no effect. When the latching is turned on again the interrupt fires as expected and stays high until SRC is read. so Im trying to understand which of the Interrupt configuration setting has an impact on the Latch/No latch function to get the expected behavior.

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JVan .6​ ,

Are you acquiring the interrupt, when non latched?

Maybe you are missing the exact moment in which the INT pin raises.

-Eleon

Hi Eleon

Thank you for the response. We made some progress in the setup of the device but there is a couple of things we need clarified if you can help.

1)from our tests is seems setting the LIR bit to 0 is actually non latched behavior vs the datasheet that says 1 is non latched behavior.

2)The desired behavior is only visible while the signal fails between the threshold set. What i mean by that is becuase the value is absolute. Let's say it's set to 200. The measured signal needs to be complete outside that range or completely inside that range and only breach either the positive or negative side of the threshold set before the int pin will change states and stay in that state untill signal returns below that state.

3 is there a way to enable or disable either positive or negative side of the threshold value to avoid the double triggering of the int if the signal passes both the negative and positive side of the threshold ?