cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DHH ODR variation

mete
Senior

Digital output data rate (ODR) of LIS3DHH is given (typically) as 1.1kHz in the datasheet. Does it mean ODR is not fixed in one sensor or it is fixed in one particular sensor but there is an inter device variation ? In either case, I am confused how to use the sensor without knowing the exact data rate. For comparison, I looked at LIS2HH12 (and IIS2DH), and it has configurable ODR, and it does not mention this is typical or not, so I assume it means it is fixed. If I need a fixed ODR, am I looking at the wrong sensor (LIS3DHH), are some sensors like this and some sensors like LIS2HH12 have fixed (configurable or not) ODR ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @mete ,

LIS3DHH has only one settable ODR which is 1100Hz. The typical value is provided because of ODR accuracy, so there may be a little difference from 1100Hz (for example 1101).

Is it ok for you to have only one ODR or are you looking for an accelerometer with a configurable ODR?

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @mete ,

LIS3DHH has only one settable ODR which is 1100Hz. The typical value is provided because of ODR accuracy, so there may be a little difference from 1100Hz (for example 1101).

Is it ok for you to have only one ODR or are you looking for an accelerometer with a configurable ODR?

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Federica Bossi

OK I understand. It is actually enough for me to have only one ODR but I think I should also check sensors with analog outputs to sample it externally.