cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DUX12 not reaching current consumption said in datasheet

sch0bert
Associate III

Hello,

I'm evaluating the LIS2DUX12 accelerometer by using the combination of STEVAL-MKI109V3 and STEVAL-MKI238A. In the datasheet it stablishes that it can reach down to 10 nA during deep power-down:

sch0bert_0-1695906333273.png

But when I measure the current consumption through Unico-GUI, it says it consumes 2 uA which is similar to the consumption described as "ultralow-power mode" in the datasheet.

sch0bert_1-1695906513982.png

I would like to know if I'm missing something to modify in order to achieve the datasheet value or is it just that STEVAL-MKI109V3 is not capable to measure such low current.

Regards,

Pascal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

It is a known bug in the fw of the STEVAL-MKI109V3, it was already fixed in the new fw version that is internally available:

FedericaBossi_0-1698049782514.png

I will update you as soon as this version will be available online. Thanks for your patience!

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sch0bert
Associate III

Hello, is any from ST support working on this?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

You see 2uA because you are in SOFT power down and the 50nA reported in the DS are in DEEP power down.

At page 17 in datasheet is described how to switch between soft and deep.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Federica Bossi 

Thanks for you reply, I applied the value to the 0x3D register as specified in the datasheet and pointed by you and I see an improvement in the power consumption but still 30 times above the expected value:

sch0bert_0-1697641471069.png

Regards,

Pascal.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

It is a known bug in the fw of the STEVAL-MKI109V3, it was already fixed in the new fw version that is internally available:

FedericaBossi_0-1698049782514.png

I will update you as soon as this version will be available online. Thanks for your patience!

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

Thanks for the heads up @Federica Bossi! So is it in theory being reduced down to ~2 nA when I set the 0x3D register and just not being reported correctly by the STEVAL-MKI109V3?

Exactly, it is a problem of Unico fw but with the new release you will see a current consumption in deep powerdown of about 20nA.