cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get to find how to turn off temp sensor from LIS2DUX12

sch0bert
Associate III

Hello! I'm evaluating the LIS2DUX12 accelerometer by using the combination of STEVAL-MKI109V3 and STEVAL-MKI238A. In the datasheet it stablishes that in order to achieve certain current consumption is necessary to have the Temperature sensor off:

sch0bert_0-1695906928646.png

But after going through all the documentation and description of the registers, I can't find any that explicitly state that by modifying certain bit I will be able to turn off the Temperature sensor. I hope you could guide me to identify where is it. The datasheet I'm reading is DS14071 - Rev 2

Regards,

Pascal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

You are right but in the next days it will be available a new AN version with all the information about that.

In the meantime, you need to enable the bit '0' in the register 32h.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

You are right but in the next days it will be available a new AN version with all the information about that.

In the meantime, you need to enable the bit '0' in the register 32h.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
sch0bert
Associate III

This is an image of the consumption before changing the register value: 

sch0bert_0-1696236585535.png

And this is the after:

sch0bert_1-1696236659525.png

There is a clear improvement of the consumption but still a bit out of the 10.8 uA claimed in the datasheet. Is this something expected due hardware limitations or am I need to disable something else?

Hello @Federica Bossi, do you have any comments from my last question? Also, where is this new document will be released? Any expected date?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

Note that the value reported in the datasheet is a typical value so some oscillation are allowed.

The new AN version will be published within next week 🙂

Got it! Thanks!

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

The new AN has been released 🙂

Hi @Federica Bossi , I can confirm that the modification in the document is now there. Thanks!