cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DTW12 wake up filter

RStra
Associate III

Hello,

I want to monitor signals in range 0.5 - 80 Hz to wake up a microcontroller on INT1 pin when acceleration is above a certain threshold.

My setup is :

ODR = 200Hz

FS = 2G

MODE = Low power mode 4, Low Noise

BW_FILT = 00 --> ODR/2 --> 100Hz

WK_THS = 1 --> 31.25 mg

FDS = 0 --> LP Filter

interrupts_enable = 1 --> ENABLE INTERRUPT

int1_wu = 1 --> Route wake up on INT1

In this configuration I have a LP filter, ODR is 200 Hz so BW according with BW_FILT is 100 Hz.

The wake up interrupt is routed to INT 1 and enabled and the threshold is 31.25 mg.

If no acceleration is applied I have 1G on z axis due to the gravity, acceleration on x and y axis are below 31.25mg.

My question is why with a LP filter I do not have a wake up interrupt due to the gravity ?

I was expected to have continuous triggers on INT1 due to the gravity.

Reagards,

Riccardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RStra
Associate III

Hello,

thank you for the app note, it was very useful.

I didn't have continuous WK interrupt because USR_OFF_ON_WU was set to 0 so the filter path for the wake up function was high pass even if FDS was 0.

0693W00000GYNKVQA5.pngThanks for the support.

Regards,

Riccardo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DSull.3
Associate III

Hi Riccardo, you don't have continuous wake up triggers on INT1 since the interrupt rises when the 31.25 mg threshold is down to up crossed (for a specific duration), as shown in the picture:

0693W00000GY57iQAD.pngSee the app note https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5038-lis2dw12-alwayson-3d-accelerometer-stmicroelectronics.pdf

You might apply the HP filter if you want to rule out the 1g gravity constant acceleration.

\Dk

RStra
Associate III

Hello,

thank you for the app note, it was very useful.

I didn't have continuous WK interrupt because USR_OFF_ON_WU was set to 0 so the filter path for the wake up function was high pass even if FDS was 0.

0693W00000GYNKVQA5.pngThanks for the support.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thank you Riccardo @RStra​ for having shared the solution to the Community!

-Eleon