cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with HTS221TR Sensor in the Presence of Product Projections

AxelH
Associate

Hello everyone,

I am an engineer at an EMS, and one of our clients has reported an issue related to the use of the HTS221TR sensor. Our client has observed that some of their boards, on which this sensor is mounted, have been exposed to projections of a product (specifically, wine) during their usage, resulting in inaccurate measurements.

Our boards are coated to prevent any degradation during their use, with the exception of the HTS221TR sensor.

I would like to seek your expertise on two points:

1. Impact of contact with wine on the sensor: Can contact with wine be considered potentially destructive for the HTS221TR sensor?
  2. Possibility of cleaning the sensor: In the event of exposure to wine, is there a recommended procedure for cleaning the sensor? If yes, could you advise on suitable cleaning products for this operation? Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Best regards,

Axel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @AxelH ,

Welcome to ST Community!

HTS221TR is not waterproof. There are micro-holes on the surface to read moisture, if liquid substances get inside we can no longer guarantee its function.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @AxelH ,

Welcome to ST Community!

HTS221TR is not waterproof. There are micro-holes on the surface to read moisture, if liquid substances get inside we can no longer guarantee its function.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AxelH
Associate

Hi Federica,

Thank you for your response.

I suspected this answer to some extent, but I still held a small hope for the possibility of cleaning.

I will inform the client about this matter.

Have a good day!