cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to run the X-CUBE-MEMS1 libraries on a STM32WL MCU? I always get errors because of the missing FPU, and as the libraries are precompiled I can't change compiler options.

MGfel.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Which MCU exactly you want to use? In case of dual=core (STM32WL54 or STM32WL55) you need to use the particular library according to the Cortex-M core.

MGfel.1
Associate II

Hi Miroslav, Thanks a lot for your quick answer. We intend to use a single core MCU (STM32WLE5JC), BR Martin

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hi Martin,

OK, in this case I believe you can use existing libraries for Cortex-M3. Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 are based on the same ARM architecture.

Or if you need a particular library for Cortex-M4 you can send the request to Online Support https://my.st.com/ols.

MGfel.1
Associate II

Hi Miroslav, Good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. Maybe as idea of improvement, it could be integrated into the next versions of CubeMX and CubeIDE, that if you choose a STM32WL MCU, the M3 libraries are taken (for X-CUBE-MEMS1). The beauty of a configurator is gone, if afterwards you need to manually change too much to make the code compile. BR Martin