cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the motion libraries (Motion TL2 & AC2) with a 3rd party MCU?

MWe
Associate

Hello,

For a project I'm using the IIS2ICLX Dual-axis accelerometer together with a Teensy 4.1 (Cortex-M7) MCU via I2C. I have been trying to use the Motion TL2 & AC2 together with this external platform, but with no succes so far. The libraries are available with a header file and a compiled archive. This archive is compiled for the STM32 MCU's.

I found this thread implying it is possible and followed the suggested step there by contacting support, which in turn suggested trying to find information here.

I have tried integrating it so it compiles with my Teensy platform without giving me errors (linking the compiled file, adjusting filepaths, etc), but now can not run any functions from it without it crashing. I'm assuming this is because it is compiled for a different platform, but I'm not too experienced with this kind of stuff.

Is it possible to use these two libraries on a 3rd party platform like the Teensy 4.1? How would one approach this if it is?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Mark @MWe​ ,

by default, the X-CUBE-MEMS1 motion firmware package (and in general all the ST firmware libraries for embedded systems) are developed for STM32 products, so they are compiled for specific ARM architectures. However, since the source code is not publicly available (and cannot be disclosed), you need to open a request in the Online Support System OLS for compiling the library for the platform you need (in your case Motion TL2 & AC2, but I suggest all the ones in the X-CUBE-MEMS1).

It is even possible to compile them with different architecture than ARM Cortex, but the License User Agreement (LUA) signature is needed and for this reason you need the OLS ticket.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Mark @MWe​ ,

by default, the X-CUBE-MEMS1 motion firmware package (and in general all the ST firmware libraries for embedded systems) are developed for STM32 products, so they are compiled for specific ARM architectures. However, since the source code is not publicly available (and cannot be disclosed), you need to open a request in the Online Support System OLS for compiling the library for the platform you need (in your case Motion TL2 & AC2, but I suggest all the ones in the X-CUBE-MEMS1).

It is even possible to compile them with different architecture than ARM Cortex, but the License User Agreement (LUA) signature is needed and for this reason you need the OLS ticket.

-Eleon

Hello,

That is very helpful, thanks a lot for your reply!

Mark