cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to program and debug the SensorTile.Box from the USB port?

Manuel.Gomez_Eurecat
Associate II

I have just bought the SensorTile.Box and, as the person posting this question 2 years ago ( https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BMFuNjSQL/jtag20-to-stdc14-adapter-from-st-for-sensortilebox ), I expected an adapter included in the kit, as I have a J-Link Edu with the typical 20x2.54 connector. I am wondering if this board can work as the Nucleo boards do, being able to be programmed and debugged via USB. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Manuel Gómez Galán​ ,

it is possible to debug the SensorTile.box via USB using the "printf" function that outputs values via VCOM on a terminal interface.

However, I suggest you to use the STLINK-V2, with the proper adapter described in the STSW-MKSBOX1_BL databrief.

If you don't have it because it was not present in the package \bought by the distributors (but it should, indeed), please send me a private message with your shipment address and we'll ship an adapter and a cable to your attention.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Manuel Gómez Galán​ ,

it is possible to debug the SensorTile.box via USB using the "printf" function that outputs values via VCOM on a terminal interface.

However, I suggest you to use the STLINK-V2, with the proper adapter described in the STSW-MKSBOX1_BL databrief.

If you don't have it because it was not present in the package \bought by the distributors (but it should, indeed), please send me a private message with your shipment address and we'll ship an adapter and a cable to your attention.

-Eleon

Manuel.Gomez_Eurecat
Associate II

Hello Eleon,

Many thanks for your reply, I have just sent you a DM. Our purchase was to RS at the beginning of August (a couple weeks ago), in case you want to further investigate the stock of older units.

Best regards,

Manuel

Thank you Manuel, noted.

-Eleon