cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS3DWBTR SLEEP Mode current issue

nandhinis
Associate II

Im using IIS3DWBTR sensor with STM32L562 controller,getting the high current  almost 800uA at sleep mode while testing.

1.What are the pin configuration we need to set ?

2.what are the registers need to be configure?

14 REPLIES 14
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @nandhinis ,
welcome to ST community =D

are you using a STEVAL board or did you design your own?
are you referring to the current of the sensor alone?

Niccolò

Pkuma.41
Associate II

Hi Niccolo,

We are using own board.
May I know what configuration to set on sleep mode on sensor SPI( IIS3DWBTR) to get power consumption(5-16uA), I am using SPI interface to MUC(STM32L562 controller)
As per datasheet 5-16uA, please suggest SPI pins configure for sleep mode.

Pkuma41_0-1689124740077.png

Pkuma.41
Associate II

Hi Niccolo,

please check below circuit for your reference

Pkuma41_1-1689125012209.png

Hi Niccolo,
Can you please send code (SPI config) for power consumption(5-16uA)

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @Pkuma.41 ,

the 5-16 uA of current consumption are in power down mode, this means that you should not turn on the device to have that power consumption.

if you have a high power consumption while the device is powered off, maybe there are some other problems in the schematic of the board.

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

nandhinis
Associate II

Hi Niccolo,

We have set the register "write [000] to XL_EN[2:0} in CTRL1_XL(0x10)" and SPI(MOSI,MISO,CLK),INT1,INT2 are low voltage at sleep mode but still the current consumption is 0.28mA.Please let us know the exact pin configurations(Pull,Mode,Value) to be done at MCU(STM32L562) in sleep mode.

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @nandhinis ,

are you sure that is the sensor the one that is draining this current?
because I think that it is the microcontroller, but to check that you should post a question on the dedicated page of the community, I'm sure they could help us better than me =)

Niccolò

Hi @niccolò 

Yes , Its Vibration sensor (IIS3DWBTR) only

Hi @nandhinis ,

you said you wrote 0x00 in CTRL1, so the sensor itself is in power down mode, and its current consumption can't be so high =\
please, try to read the CTRL1 register before and after the write command, so you are sure you are writing it right (also try to run it with an ODR different from 0 to see if the current consumption rises or not)

please, try to record the current consumption before and after the sensor initialization, so that you can be sure whether the sensor is on or off.

the schematic part of the sensor itself is not so useful, the connections to the STM32 is important as well

Niccolò