cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS2DLPC 6D orientation detection not working

msingh08
Associate II

Hi,

I have attempted to follow the AN5201 application note page 26 to configure the IIS2DLPC accelerometer to generate an interrupt at every threshold however this interrupt is never generated. I have tried to print the value of SIXD_SRC register and that is always reporting 0 so I assume that's the reason for not generating an interrupt? Below is the configuration I used, I have also tried to latch the interrupt but even that didn't help so I commented it.

If I read the OUTPUT registers I am able to see the correct data and see the thresholds being reached

I would appreciate any help.

Kind Regards
Manpreet Singh

Acc_handler.cntrl_reg.CTRL1_value = 0x64; //ODR = 200 Hz, high-performance
//Acc_handler.cntrl_reg.CTRL3_value = 0x10; //Latched mode -> interrupt is active until SIXD_SRC is not read
Acc_handler.cntrl_reg.CTRL4_value = 0x80; //Route 6D interrupt bit to INT1
Acc_handler.cntrl_reg.CTRL6_value = 0x04; // FS ±2 g, LOW_NOISE enabled
Acc_handler.cntrl_reg.CTRL7_value = 0x20; // Do not use low-pass filter for 6D, enable interrupts
Acc_handler.cntrl_reg.TAP_THS_X_value = 0x40; // Set 6D threshold (6D_THS[1:0] = 10 = 60 degrees)

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @msingh08 ,

You could have a look at our official examples on github.

Hope this helps

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.