cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using the STEVAL-STWINKT 1B having downloaded the latest STM32CubeFunctionPack_DATALOG1_V1.3.0 as verified by the Device List of the ST BLE Sensor v 4.14.4(76) The app shows an error of "Board scanning timed out" in playing the Example Apps.

DDown.1
Associate II

The device is recognized by the smartphone, but is unable to pair with it even though the ST BLE Sensor recognizes and does connect and download its configuration and provide battery level. It indicates that it is logging DAT files to the SD card and does allow CSV export of the data t; however, I am unable to read the sensor readings on the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DDown.1
Associate II

This is the response I got from the ST Support Team:Unfortunately, at this time, the specific functionality (Create a new Application -> Example Apps) is only compatible with the SensorTile.Box platform.

The STEVAL-STWINKT1B has 2 modes of compatibility with the STBLESensors application:

1. Connect one Device (FP-SNS-DATALOG1)

This mode allows you to configure a data capture, including which specific sensors, their sensitivity, ODR, etc. When the capture is started, the data will be saved to a uSD card, which must be populated on the board. This is due to the potential high data rates, which can oversaturate the BLE connection if it were streamed directly. In this mode, you can also tag the data and view any machine learning core outputs.

2. Connect one Device (STSW-STWINKT01)

This mode will allow you to stream the environmental sensor data only (temperature, pressure, humidity) to the app over BLE.

The source code of the application is available on github (https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stblesensor.html, links at bottom depending on desired platform) so you can modify it yourself, making sure to respect the BLE connection bandwidth constraints, and add any functionality that you wish, making sure to add in the corresponding modification to the firmware.

BR,

ST IoT Online Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DDown.1
Associate II

This is the response I got from the ST Support Team:Unfortunately, at this time, the specific functionality (Create a new Application -> Example Apps) is only compatible with the SensorTile.Box platform.

The STEVAL-STWINKT1B has 2 modes of compatibility with the STBLESensors application:

1. Connect one Device (FP-SNS-DATALOG1)

This mode allows you to configure a data capture, including which specific sensors, their sensitivity, ODR, etc. When the capture is started, the data will be saved to a uSD card, which must be populated on the board. This is due to the potential high data rates, which can oversaturate the BLE connection if it were streamed directly. In this mode, you can also tag the data and view any machine learning core outputs.

2. Connect one Device (STSW-STWINKT01)

This mode will allow you to stream the environmental sensor data only (temperature, pressure, humidity) to the app over BLE.

The source code of the application is available on github (https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stblesensor.html, links at bottom depending on desired platform) so you can modify it yourself, making sure to respect the BLE connection bandwidth constraints, and add any functionality that you wish, making sure to add in the corresponding modification to the firmware.

BR,

ST IoT Online Support

Thank you @DDown.1​  for reporting the solution in he Community (or at least the suggestions). I checked internally and I received pretty the same information, but found time to answer only now.

Thank you again,

-Eleon