cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have the same results between LSM6DS and the new LSM6DOS

Evyatar Nassie
Associate II

Hello

We must replace the old LSM6DS with the new one LSM6DOX because of End of Life of the first one.

Checking the results on the same jig, reveals half of the Accelerometer part of the new chip.

Do you have a detailed documentation which may support with all the differences between them?

What should be change (in setup or in FW) in order to have the same results between them?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Evyatar Nassie
Associate II

sorry for the misspelling - the old chip is LSM6DS3 and the new one is LSM6DSOX

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Evyatar Nassie​ ,

I'm not sure I've caught the point... the sensitivity and the selectable FS of the LSM6DSOX are the same as the one of the LSM6DS3, while the offset and noise performances are better... which parameter should you match between the two parts?

-Eleon

Evyatar Nassie
Associate II

HI

There are actually two problems:

1. The frequency response, which is lower in the new one
  2. The signal level of the 3 gyroscope axes is half the scale. You can clearly see it in the Z axis because of this specific recording but the 1:2 relation is also at X and Y.

I attached a PPT screen shot of the results comparison between the two: Please make the picture as bigger as you can to see the differences.

Thank you!

0693W00000StuXXQAZ.png

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Evyatar Nassie​ ,

that's strange, are you configuring the two devices exactly in the same way (same ODR, FS, filters, etc...)? And did you test more than 1 device?

-Eleon