cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the power consumption calculated on the LIS2DH12 specification?

jzhon.2
Associate

hello

I tried to reduce the current consumption of LIS2DH12, but there was always a gap. When I measured the GSENSOR data, the current consumption was 100+uA, while it was only 3uA when not measured. So I want to know how the data in this table is obtained?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhvNLQAY.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhvNGQAY.png

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

It actually analyzes the Idd / IddIO waveforms across more than one ODR period. After this measurement ranges selection, the precise measurement starts. The measurement procedure is now dependent on the actual ODR and on the waveform shape. For example, if there are short big current peaks - the combination of two channels (more and less sensitive) dedicated for Idd is used. At the end the output Idd / IddIO values are averaged. It is recommended to start the measurement at the real sensor condition (in run mode during the measurement if the aim is not to observe the PD or stop mode).

The current rising during measurement could be due to some of the pin connection settings, try to check GND, VDD_IO, Floating etc.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.