cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I program STEVAL-MKI109v3

AV B.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have STEVAL-MKI109v3 board and steval-mki186v1 sensor. I need some source code or library code which I can use to write a application which meets my requirements. And I also want to know which IDE I should be using to write the application so that I can flash the application on the the evaluation board. Will I be able to use the USB for flashing the code.

Please provide some links which might also be useful in learning about the example codes.

Thanks,

Akhil​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Akhil @AV B.1​ ,

I understand the point, you basically need the source code of the ProfiMEMSToolVx.xx.x.bin.

I confirm it is not public, so you have to try with the OLS page, but I cannot guarantee.

And it is not configurable directly in STM32CubeMX.

This because is just a demo board, with no "production" purposes.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Akhil @AV B.1​ ,

the source code of the full Unico GUI is unfortunately not publicly available.

There are however a couple of possibility to overcome this issue:

• Use Unico Lite - source code (STSW-MEMS034), which provides the C# source code showing how to manage sensor data-flow from generic MEMS sensors;
  • See User manual UM2116 that explains the commands of the dedicated firmware that allows control of the digital output MEMS sensor, and acquisition of the measured data. The firmware also handles the communication between the board and the PC through the USB bus (see p.11).

A last possibility is to ask through the OLS page for an evaluation of your request, but it will be evaluated according to the (potential) business behind.

In any case, you can use the IDE you want: you might use the STM32CubeIDE, which is free.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

The application which I meant was the firmware for the evaluation board. I don't need the source code of the GUI. I need some library or drivers for enabling the peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C in the evaluation board.

Should i use STM32CubeIDE for this purpose ? The evaluation board was not available to select in the STM32CubeIDE. I was expecting there would be some option to select the 109v3 evaluation board as such.

-Akhil

Hi Akhil @AV B.1​ ,

I understand the point, you basically need the source code of the ProfiMEMSToolVx.xx.x.bin.

I confirm it is not public, so you have to try with the OLS page, but I cannot guarantee.

And it is not configurable directly in STM32CubeMX.

This because is just a demo board, with no "production" purposes.

-Eleon

Hi @AV B.1 , 

Did you find how to use the STM32Cube IDE for 109v3 because I am also facing the same issue, where i am not able to find the PARTNUMBER/ EVALUATION BOARD in the IDE.