cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I validate data rate of my sensors

Lev_G
Associate

Hello I'm trying to characterize LSM6DSO32X sensors on MKI221V1 using MKI109V3 evaluation board, It is crucial that I can see the output rate for my analysis.

Unfortunately Unico GUI software doesn't seem to have an option to record the sensors with data time stamps.
From data sheets I found that the sensors can work up to 6.6KHz, but after recording and deviding the number of samples by the record time ([sec]) I got only about 5.8KHz data rate.. 

Would like to have a way to find the real data rate I'm receiving with my sensors. 
Thanks, Lev.

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Lev_G ,

Consider an odr accuracy, from characterization data and thus not guaranteed in production, of +/- 15% and so 5.8kHz is accettable.

However, if you want to be sure of your measure you can use an oscilloscope, unfortunately with Unico you can't get the timestamp, I could suggest to implement this function in the future versions.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.