cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I really need advice on what kind of a temperature sensor(contact type) would be perfect for sensing human temperature.

NKenn
Associate

Hi! I am currently working on a project that involves the use of temperature of an individual to control a cooling system. I really need advice on what kind of temperature sensor(contact type) would be perfect for it. would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NKenn​ , being the humane temperature sensing an application that requires lot of temperature accuracy around 37°C, I suggest you to wait few weeks for the release of the new ST temperature sensor STTS22H: the maximum temperature accuracy in the range [-10°C, 60°C] and without requiring any further calibration at the application level is +-0.5, but if you will work around 40°C (and if you are able to calculate any eventual residual offset at room temperature) the accuracy will be even better. Moreover, the evaluation board that will be available soon on st.com are designed to optimize the heat conduction between the body to be measured and the sensor itself, insulating the sensor from the rest of the electronics. I will update you within a few days. Regards

Thanks for taking out time to reply,i would be waiting for your updates . Thank you​