cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use UNICO with a custom MCU board?

KWine
Senior

I am trying to connect to a custom STM32L433-based development board (https://www.tindie.com/products/tleracorp/butterfly-stm32l433-development-board/) which is connected to an LSM6DSOX using UNICO, and while I can see the COM port in UNICO, when I try to connect to it (or try to connect automatically) the UNICO program crashes. I am sure I am doing something wrong but what could it be? Any help would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KWine​ , unfortunately Unico is properly designed to be compatible with the STEVAL-MKI109V3 hardware only. Unico source code is not publicly available, but also in this case you would have deeply modified the tool at FW level, especially for L4 to F4 compatibility and for the pin-to-pin correspondence.

What I suggest you is that, if you chose the LSM6DSOX for the Finite state machine or the Machine learning core features, you can use the Unico tool in the offline mode: after launching Unico, disable the checkbox: “Communication with the motherboard�? so that you can use the MLC and or FSM adds-on without COM connection issues, and then set the FSM and the MLC according to your app specs (following the related application notes).

Regards