cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I'm trying to import in my workspace a demonstration project provided by ST in X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 and I get the error message below. How can I fix it? Thank you

MSant.11
Associate III

Problem running CDT Scanner Discovery provider com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.toolchain.armnone.setup.CrossBuiltinSpecsDetector

Error serializing language settings

Internal error while trying to serialize language settings

Cannot create file, access denied: C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32CubeExpansion_MEMSMIC1_V5.5.0\Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Demonstration\CCA02M2\HP_Microphones_Streaming\STM32CubeIDE\.settings.

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32CubeExpansion_MEMSMIC1_V5.5.0\Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Demonstration\CCA02M2\HP_Microphones_Streaming\STM32CubeIDE\.settings

3 REPLIES 3
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Sounds self explicit message.

You've installed your pack as part of C:\Program Files (x86) what is protected repository if Windows OS.

Importing your project withn IDE it will not move it on the file system but IDE is requiring to add some stuff to (some metadata). As protected area such addon is failibg ... "Cannot create file, access denied"

Move your STM32CubeExpansion_MEMSMIC1_V5.5.0 to another place should solve your trouble.

By the way STM32Cube default repository is C:\Users\<user name>\STM32Cube\Repository. All STM32Cube tools allow to define your own path but default one is a good start already.

MSant.11
Associate III

Thank you!

Do you have a step-by-step tutorial for compiling and running a project from X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 in STM32Cube IDE ?

I am trying to run the microphones' streaming into the STM32F401RE Nucleo coupled with the CCA02M2.

The binary file works well, but I wish to compile and run the whole project into the IDE

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Rely on File > Open Project From File System

Takes care to promote right repository level: STM32CubeExpansion_MEMSMIC1_V5.4.0\Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Demonstration\CCA02M2\Microphones_Streaming\STM32CubeIDE\STM32F4xx-MEMSMIC1

0693W00000Bc0gSQAR.jpg 

Compile then. I'm getting no issue on my side if IDE 1.6.1 release at least

0693W00000Bc0nIQAR.jpg