cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSM compatibility with SFLP or tap detect in LSM6DSV?

KWine
Senior

I have four FSM programs working with the LSM6DSV sensor, all set to AODR/GODR of 30Hz in line with the examples I copied. Tap detect requires significantly higher ODR.  I might also want to run the SFLP at a rate higher than 15 or 30 Hz, so does this mean that I can't run the FSM when running the AODR/GODR at higher rates than 30 Hz or that I simply need to change the FSM program configuration (gulp!) to account for the desired higher rates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @KWine ,

Each feature runs at the ODR selected for that feature (the important thing is to set XL / Gyro ODR properly), furthermore each FSM allows a decimation factor to be applied to run the specific program at FSM_ODR / decimator.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @KWine ,

Each feature runs at the ODR selected for that feature (the important thing is to set XL / Gyro ODR properly), furthermore each FSM allows a decimation factor to be applied to run the specific program at FSM_ODR / decimator.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KWine
Senior

Would you mind specifying which register has the FSM_ODR decimator please?

Nevermind, I see it. Section 7.6 in AN5907.