cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate system of LSM303C (LSM303AGR, LSM303AR) is right-hand?

ILuzi.1
Associate

I have 2 LSM303C. Measurements show that the cooordinate system of the device is left-hand, but the "Figure 2. Pin connections" in the datasheet shows right-hand system (X-axis has an opposite direction). May be I do somethig wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ILuzi.1​ , please consider the picture at p.40 of the LSM303AGR AN4825 app note: this should be correct. Not sure however why the X axis on the other picture is in the opposite sense... I'll check internally and let you know.

0693W000001qbIKQAY.png

Regards

ILuzi.1
Associate

Hi Mr. Eleon Borlini. Thank you so much for your quick reply. My measurements show the orientation of the axes exactly as in the illustration on page 40.

Please allow me another 1 question. I have 2 devices with LSM303C. I calibrate them using the MATLAB script. But one of the devices has an extra offset on the Z axis - about -3213 units (direct reading from OUT_Z_L_M (2Ch), OUT_Z_H_M (2Dh)). Is this offset within acceptable limits or should I replace the chip? (The second device works with an offset of about 100 units along the Z axis.)

Thank you,

Igor