cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCPD : TCPP01-M12 as source power delivery

ashutoshtekriwal
Associate III

I am using STM32L562 family microcontroller. I have interfaced TCPP01-M12 with my microncontroller. I have a doubt , whether i can use this device when using UCPD in source mode, as i am unable to configure software packages for source mode(X-CUBE-TCPP). It shows that i have to enable tcpp02-03 to use ucpd in source mode. Kindly verify if support of TCPP01 in source mode is provided or not. If it is not provided what efforts will it take to use TCCP01 in UCPD source mode. 

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

TCPP01-M12 is not reconfigurable and can only be used for sink applications.

For source applications, you must in fact use TCPP02-M18 instead.

Only TCPP03-M20 can be used as a Dual Role Power Device (DRP) for both.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Indeed - the clues are in the names:

AndrewNeil_0-1727431104062.png

AndrewNeil_1-1727431165664.png

AndrewNeil_2-1727431232921.png

I have old datasheet(DS12900 - Rev 4 - December 2020), in which it was mentioned that tcpp01 can be used in ucpd source mode as well as sink mode. I am attaching the screenshot . Kindly verify

ashutoshtekriwal_0-1727434256541.png

Well, in principle you can actually use TCPP01-M12 as source, but the restrictions are also mentioned in section 6.7. So TCPP02-M18 is necessary for full source functionality:

Note that the proposed design does not provide VCONN switches. As a consequence, it can handle low speed, full speed, high speed, super speed USB data rate. Also SOURCE current is limited to 3 A (no active cable support).

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.