cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSC1641 dynamic addresses for more than 4 devices

ImegurasEs
Associate

Im developing a custom board with a non ST microcontroller, the board has 6 mosfets and i wish to monitor them using ST's TSC1641

Is it possible to have 6 of the aforementioned sensors to monitor each mosfet? Also is the exposed pad at the center really to be left isolated or can it be connected to ground? 

If its possible to use the 6 devices in i3c how would the adress assignment look like? how would the devices know the assignment was to them?

Ive left a0 and a1 connected to a 3 way solder bridge so i can place a shunt to power or ground in each

1 REPLY 1
Gael_Miramond
ST Employee

Hello ImegurasEs

The TSC1641 has only 4 possible I2C addresses. To use 6 devices you need to use 2 different I2C buses.

In I3C, it is possible to use 6 different devices on the same bus thanks to the use of dynamic addresses.  You have to follow these steps :

1) Turn on the first 4 devices (each one with a different static address/ A0-A1 combination)

2) Perform a dynamic address assignation either by the ENTDAA or SETDASA CCC. (more information here)

3) Turn on the two missing TSC1641 (with two different static addresses)

4) Perform a new dynamic address assignation for the two missing TSC1641

By this way the mcu is able to match the dynamic addresses with the corresponding devices. 

About the exposed pad, all the datasheet has been done with the exposed pad not connected. However, connecting the exposed pad to the ground should not have any impact. 

I hope this can help you. 

Gaël