cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB4710A not found

Dwang.3
Associate II

Hi everyone, I am new for STUSB4710A. I connect STUSB4710a STEVAL_ISC004v1 evaluation board to my laptop, through a min b usb cable. when I run the graphic interface en.stsw-stusb001, there is one error: usb error: no target found. please connect first the evaluation board with a usb cable. I powered on / off the device. The software still does not find the STUSB4710A. shall install some drivers? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Let's make a little clearer about what you need to do:

• for 1.1 step 1 (Connect) ... step 8 (Drag and drop) you only need the NUCLEO board and a Mini USB cable, which gets unplugged in step 10; during these steps the STEVAL-ISV004V1 must not yet be connected
  • after that, for 1.1 step 11 you don't need the Mini USB cable anymore, but now the NUCLEO + STEVAL-ISV004V1 + Micro USB cable

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Did you read the UM2254 (STSW-STUSB001 quick installation guide)?

The introduction says:

In order to run the GUI on a laptop, an STM32 Nucleo board must be programmed to act as a USB to I²C bridge between the laptop and the STUSB evaluation boards.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hi ST,
Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. Yes, I read the manual. And I see step 2
[cid:image001.jpg@01D7143F.903952D0]
But when I connect STUSB4710A, I did not see the driver installation.
So at step 8, I can not see STM32 Nucleo drive.
[cid:image002.jpg@01D7143F.903952D0]
Do you know why? Thanks.
BR
Da ****

Hi, peter, sorry to disturb you again. Yes, from the beginning, I followed the manual, according to the manual, if I connect STUSB4710A to my laptop through a usb min b cable, the windows system should install the driver. This is written at the step 2. But I tried several computers, 2 usb cables, 3 STUSB4710A boards(we bought 6 ST products.) But each time when I connect the STEVAL_ISC004v1 evaluation board, no any response in my windows system. So maybe I can not programm STEVAL_ISC004v1 evaluation board. But according to the manual for STEVAL_ISC004v1 evaluation board, I should be able to do this. Could you have a look ? thanks a lot. As a summary, step 2 in the manual does not work for me

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Let's make a little clearer about what you need to do:

• for 1.1 step 1 (Connect) ... step 8 (Drag and drop) you only need the NUCLEO board and a Mini USB cable, which gets unplugged in step 10; during these steps the STEVAL-ISV004V1 must not yet be connected
  • after that, for 1.1 step 11 you don't need the Mini USB cable anymore, but now the NUCLEO + STEVAL-ISV004V1 + Micro USB cable

Good luck!

/Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much. Indeed, I was wondering it should have not been so complex. Yes, I misunderstood something. Thanks again.

Gregory Go.
Senior II

Hello,

There may be some confusion because the STUSB4710 GUI v3.2.3 requires 2 USB cables:

- one USB-mini cable (connected to STM32 Nucleo board)

- one USB-micro cable (connected to STUSB4700 eval board)

This can make the setup complicated.

An alternative is to use the GUI v3.5 which only needs 1 USB-mini cable (connected to STM32 Nucleo board).

You can download it here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000HySKa/stusb4700-gui-offline