Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spirit1 auto retransmission and auto ack

szabo
Associate
Posted on May 14, 2014 at 19:25

Hi,

My Interesting is the next, how can I use Spirit1 Auto retransmission and auto ack abilities in half duplex communication.

My coordinator is supplied with main power, but nodes are powered by alkaline batteries. They are mostly in sleep, but when they waked up, they wanted to exchange datas with their coordinator.

I wanted aknowledged communication in both directions. I can do it, but I'd like to use STack features, it it possible.

St's application example is focused on single transmitter paired with a receiver. would You attach an sample code for half duplex communication?

I'm interested in a half duplex peer to peer communication.

Thanks in advance

Laszlo

#steval-ikr002v3 #spirit1 #radioinit
5 REPLIES 5
Nickname1920_O
Associate III
Posted on May 15, 2014 at 12:19

Hello Laszlo,

attached you can find the sample code forhalf duplex communicationin both directions.

Regards,

Gaetano

Attachments :

spirit1_llp_half_duplex.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Ht3B&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aJJ%2FJSHYF3gzt6B0R4B.oRMJ_7JJlAhxdL6VamWX_aEFnPg&asPdf=false
fullmon
Associate
Posted on December 01, 2014 at 23:58

Dear Gaetano,

could you please give me the full duplex code, if you have time

Regards

Getamesay

Nickname1920_O
Associate III
Posted on December 02, 2014 at 08:50

Hello Getamesay,

if I am not missing what you mean, the answer to your request is that SPIRIT1 cannot operate in full duplex, because in any given moment it can be in transmitting or in receiving mode only.

Regards,

Gaetano

aditirana179
Associate
Posted on October 26, 2015 at 18:59

Hello

Gaetano

I am trying to establish an asynchronous half-duplex communication setup using 2 STEVAL-IKR002V3 boards and your half-duplex llp code with  a few modifications. However, I am running into a weird hardware problem as follows-

I have been able to run a few half-duplex communication on 2 SPIRIT1 boards but only when they are 1 inch apart. Considering that I am setting the power as 0, 1 and even 5 dBm, the signal should have a very large range.

Unable to see the signal on spectrum analyzer at fixed frequency. However for some reason there are signal bursts at random frequencies exactly at the time I was transmitting. I replaced the hardware with a new set of boards but now all 4 boards behave the same. I ran example code from SPIRIT1's firmware download and now even that doesn't show up (BasicGenericA,B.c).

The frequency is hopping and the power is lesser than set in registers. I need to know how the boards can be set to their factory settings and want to find out what part of my program or program-downloading method is causing this issue.

Thank you!

Aditi

Hi Nickname1920_O. Did you write this code or was it written by ST? It seems to be missing the License agreement file. Do you know under what license this code is distributed?