cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPBTLE-1S / BlueNRG-1 - Low cost toolchain?

Wolfgang Reinig
Associate II
Posted on February 15, 2018 at 10:27

Hi,

I really like the idea behind the SPBTLE-1S module. It's a perfect package for smart innovators/startups which do not have the capacity/budget for a complete HW development with certification effort around the BlueNRG-1 SoC and which do not really know if and how many devices they will sell.

I'm looking for a low cost toolchain for the BlueNRG-1. I got a STEVAL-IDB007V1M and a ST-LINK/V2 and I thought I can use this together with the new Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 to develop a solution. Hmm - TrueSTUDIO 9.0 does not yet support the BlueNRG-1 because they have technical issues with this SoC...

ST Marketing - could you ask your new colleagues at Atollic to fix this issues?

The IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM trial version has a 32 kByte code limitation - but all examples for the BlueNRG-1 with BLE libs involved seem to result in larger .bin files...

Any recommendation for a low cost toolchain?

Best regards

Wolfgang

#truestudio #spbtle-1s #toolchain #bluenrg-1

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
13 REPLIES 13
Posted on May 11, 2018 at 19:27

Hi Wolfgang,

You can build demo application for BlueNRG-1 in Atollic 9.0.0 (I succeded with Sensor demo at least).

I tested it on IDB007V1 using on board STM32L151, and also with another configruation that external STM32L451 (on Nucleo board) was connecting with BlueNRG-1.

Please be sure that you have in your compiler/assembler/linker settings:

-mcpu=cortex-m0

It was missing in original project.

Unfortunately, Atollic does not support programing nor debugging this chip yet.

You can program BlueNRG-1 chip only by ST-Link Utility for BlueNRG.

King regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

Posted on May 21, 2018 at 13:42

Thanks Jerry, I really do appreciate your replay.

I have added that line to the linker file 'BlueNRG1.ld', now Atollic 8.1 is able to program SPBTLE-1S,

But unfortunately it does not find 'main()' source, as can be seen in the attached imaged (blue arrow).

Can you please assist?

0690X0000060KsoQAE.png
Posted on May 23, 2018 at 11:51

Seems you are trying to debug without having debug symbols included, or code is optimized (e.g.: release mode). Check CFLAGS

Posted on May 23, 2018 at 13:44

Well, I am using official ST example project - 'BLE_Sensor Demo', shouldn't it work out of the box?

Anyhow, I have found that debug level was originally set to none, I have changed it to default.

In order to assist other users, I have attached screen shoot.

0690X0000060BLYQA2.png