Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SPBLE-RF SPI commands

Misterxyz83
Associate II
Posted on November 21, 2016 at 20:59

Hello everyone!

I'm working with ST SPBLE-RF using the C code driver provided for BlueNRG-MS. I ported it for an ST8L151G6 microcontroller; the SPI communication works, the device answers correctly (0x02 and the R/W buffer sizes), it pulls up the IRQ pin etc. It sends the vendor specific event (0x04FF03010001) indicating it is initialized. My problem is with all the other commands; i tried (following the examples in the stack) to set the MAC address with the API, but it always return an error, not a timeout but instead of a 'command complete' event i receive a 'command status' with the data 0x040F0101FC0C. The code (inside the hci_send_req API) checks the returned data (in the SPI_IRQ ISR) but it stops because it checks for r->event (always set to 0) and then the third byte (01) of the received data, that it is not null and so it fails. The same problem is found with every command (set TX power, read configuration etc)

What is the problem? someone has some indications? there is something i missed in the initialization of the module?

Thanks everyone.

#bluenrg #spble-rf
1 REPLY 1
Misterxyz83
Associate II
Posted on November 22, 2016 at 09:45

From Bluetooth Specification the event means ''Unknown HCI Command'', so it seems to reject the opcode....i'll try to invert the bits and try again