Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW01M1 Wifi Sample Codes for STM32F411RE

Robert Kwan
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2017 at 07:24

Hello!

I recently bought the IDW01M1 WiFi expansion board 

and I am trying to have it working with the STM32F411RE.

However, from the examples in en.x-cube-wifi1_firmware.zip,

I can find the .bin file for STM32F401RE-Nucleo only

and so I tried to flash this WiFi_VCOM .bin to the STM32F411RE board.

I can see LED1 is green, so power is ok.

No other LED On, so module is ok?!

When I use Tera Term, I don't see any output and when I send 'AT', no 'OK' either.

So my question is that  F401RE .bin image cannot work directly on F411RE board please?!

Since I am still a newbie to this WiFi module, I am not sure if it will be easy to recompile the sample application for F411RE then?!

Any suggestion / comment is welcome.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Robert

#stm32f411re-wifi-idw01m1
41 REPLIES 41
Robert Kwan
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2017 at 21:02

Thanks, Jerry.

I tried but it's still not working yet

and so I think that the UART driver difference may be the other source of problem to be debugged next...

In fact, I don't get any of the Wifi Indication message displayed at all

but I know that my Wifi initialization is still ok because I received the hardcoded data I sent.

So I suspect that the mixing of UART driver code is causing both the Wifi Indication message problem and my usart_print() problem now...

Thanks & BR,

Robert

Posted on January 28, 2018 at 18:52

Hi

Das.Mridupawan

I tried your way to convert from F401RE to F411RE Nucleo but it failed. There is an error in file

stm32f4xx_ll_dma.h

Error[Pe020]: identifier 'DMA_SxM1AR_M1A' is undefined D:\Outstanding STM32\STM32CubeExpansion_WIFI1_V3.1.1\Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32f4xx_ll_dma.h 1621

I used the HTTP_Request example. Can you have a little look it it? Thank you so much. I think IAR is the most simple way to convert from F401RE to F411RE. I tried with Keil but it failed.

Best regards,

Duy