cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to program a BLUENRG-LP with the STLINK-V3MINIE. I have tried it with STM32CubeProgrammer. The board will be found but if I try to connect I get an error message (Error: Unable to read device id from ROM table). Did I something wrong?

Roadrunner1805
Associate III

15 REPLIES 15
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32CubeProg currently only supports STM32 microcontrollers, not BLUENRG-LP.

However, you can use the RF-Flasher utility to program, read or erase BlueNRG-1, BlueNRG-2, BlueNRG-LP and BlueNRG-LPS.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Roadrunner1805
Associate III

Ok. I've already tried it with the RF-Flasher. I just can select the COM port in UART mode. But in SWD mode the interface/board will not be detected.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The UM2406 currently lists only CMSIS-DAP, ST-LINK/V2 and J-Link as possible interfaces. It is possible that this does not work with the ST-LINK/V3MINIE.

Do you happen to have an ST-LINK/V2 at hand? Alternatively, an ST-LINK/V2-1, which is included as a break-off board on many NUCLEO-64, should also work?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Roadrunner1805
Associate III

OK. It seems so. I'll try to get one and try it again. What about the new BLUENRG-LPF devices?

As far as I'm informed the BLUENRG-LPF behaves identical to the -LP.

Ok. I'm asking because I can program/erase the LP with V3MINIE by an openocd command line but with LPF I get an error...

Roadrunner1805
Associate III

Is there any plan to support STM32CubeProg for LP? Or RF-Flasher utility by SWD?

It'll probably support it in the future, but for the time being there is only the RF-Flasher.

Ok. Thanks.